Useless waste and necessary waste 22.214.171.124 From water supply philosophy to faucet philosophy for a small lot less variety production (2)
The water supply philosophy, which was a great idea, would have been necessary for Japan as a developing country in the past. One of the reasons why the living standard of Japanese people has been improved may be the practice of this idea. However, considering the resources and environment in the long term and globally, it is hard to say that it is a good idea forever. Because in materially matured societies or many developed countries, the followings can be said:
* It is difficult for people to understand that goods and products are made from valuable raw material resources.
* We often do not appreciate the efforts and hardships of the people involved in completing the product. (Especially, the zero yen sale of goods is a typical example.)
* We often lose sight of the value of money, one of the precious rewards for labor.
* We often buy products easily and thoughtlessly, which increases garbage.
* If we feel that products are cheap, those low-priced products have been manufactured taking advantage of global regional disparities and time differences as well as exploiting the benefits and resources of others in other countries. And we often don't even feel guilty.
For these reasons, if I start a manufacturing business, I would like to maintain my attitude of supplying the necessary number of good products at reasonable prices. I hope that those who manufacture and sell things will agree with this idea.
* Reasonable price is the price we cannot buy products on impulse or the price that makes us feel it cheaper to replace and repair parts than to buy a new one.
* The necessary number is the number that does not result in mass disposal of products.
When we consider starting a manufacturing business according to this idea, we can understand that it is not easy to start a business no matter how much it is recommended even with the help and support.
A company that has recently been so successful and said to be a darling of the times can be said as follows from a nasty point of view:
Y, a clothing company may be enjoying a successful business. However, from a global perspective, the company practices exploitation using regional disparities and time differences and distributes garbage. It is not a respected company.
M, a software company may be also a successful company. However, it is a company that violates monopoly law, highly-pressures and bullies other companies. It is not a respected company, either.