Chapter 3 Ingenuity from Moderate Inferiority and Poverty 220.127.116.11 Effort (2)
How can we reach the TOEIC 600 level or higher? In a word, I think you should immerse yourself in English. I would like to confess my TOEIC level before you may ask me what level I am at. My TOEIC score is 835. I got this about 40 years ago. Of course, this isn't a perfect score, so I can’t be proud of it. However, based on my experience of self-learning of English mostly in Japan, I would like to tell you a little about the learning method as follows.
As concrete methods to immerse you in English;
1. To wake up in the morning with English news and programs
2. To fall asleep while listening to or watching an English program at bedtime
3. To do the followings as much as possible during the day and at work
Read; English newspapers, English magazines and the Internet articles
Listen: CNN, BBC, VOA, overseas FM, etc. as BGM
Write: All emails in English
Speak: As follows.
Training to speak;
1. To talk about your work, familiar things, and things you are interested in
2. To speak English every day, at least every other day
3. Native speakers are not always necessary.
4. Accuracy is not the first priority, but it is necessary.
5. To pay some money (tuition fee) for a certain period (for example, one year) to learn
better learning methods.
It takes time to acquire your English proficiency even though you continue working hard. However, it is not a big problem. Please take your time pleasantly and enjoy it. What do you say about this? Will it be of any help for you?